– 6 large tomatoes, chopped
– 2 large yellow onions, chopped
– 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
– 1 or 2 hot pepper to taste – jalapeño, red or chili, finely chopped (Optional)
– Juice of 2 limes (about 4 tablespoons)
– 2 teaspoons sea salt
1- Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss until incorporated.
2- For a smoother salsa, put part of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until the desired consistency before fermenting.
3- Put the salsa into mason jars. Gently press the mixture down so the juices cover the salsa.
4- Place the salsa in a dark, cool spot.
5- Let sit for 48 hours. Taste it, if is tangy enough for you, its ready! If not, let it ferment for another day or two.
6- Store in the fridge.